Removal problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
myming

Removal problem

Post by myming »

hello,

i have tried to use the standard method of omitting mozilla from my control panel.

1. detect program.
2. click program to be deleted. click uninstall.
3. wait for deletion of program.
i have done the above process for days. it remains.

i have inspected the intrinsic design of the viscera of my pc (dell inspiron, running windows 7 64 bit) and have not found it hiding anywhere.

mozilla is IN my control panel, but can NOT be withdrawn.
i even went to the FREE site: https://maxuninstaller.com/howtouninstallguides/the-proper-way-to-uninstall-mozilla-firefox-%E2%80%93-how-to-remove-mozilla-firefox-completely/,
which is NOT free #-o .

will someone please explain to me how to delete it ?

thank you.
James

Re: Removal problem

Post by James »

The web browser is Mozilla Firefox or Firefox for short as Mozilla in this case is the company.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/un ... r-computer
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

You're saying the shortcut is in the Start Menu, but the program isn't anywhere in your Program Files? Sometimes shortcuts like to linger among friends. If you're sure the program's gone, just right-click and delete the shortcut.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
therube

Post by therube »

The uninstall program is "helper.exe" (in Windows).
Found in the program installation directory, instalDir/uninstall/helper.exe.

Try running that?

If not, then maybe an install (overtop) followed by an uninstall.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

He says the program itself is nowhere to be found.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

This is a Windows registry issue. If you've removed Firefox.exe from the system but it stills shows up in the start menu and/or control panel, it means the registry didn't update properly when the program was uninstalled. Try reinstalling Firefox and then using Windows Control Panels "Remove Program" functionality to remove it again. Perhaps that will update the registry properly.

You might also look at Revo Uninstaller which does have a free version -- https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_un ... nload.html
myming

Post by myming »

hello all,

JAMES - thank u 4 your counsel.
LOVEMYFOXY - i'd deleted the shortcut awhile ago. invisible program was only in the control panel. program now defunct. thank you FOXY.
TheRube - i'd have liked 2 have done that, but i couldn't uninstall a program that wasn't there. thank you, though.
LOVEMYFOXY - SHE says the program is nowhere... thank you.
DAN RAISCH - thank u 4 your helpful information.

myming