MozillaZine

Firefox installed but still will not work?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post Posted June 14th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Buzzrr wrote:Now where's that sleep emoticon at?

:sleeping:
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 28.2.1, Firefox 52.9.0esr, SeaMonkey 2.48, FossaMail 38.9.4 and Thunderbird 52.9.1

therube

Post Posted June 15th, 2018, 5:27 am

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Buzzrr

Post Posted June 15th, 2018, 6:29 pm

So you are saying here that her old profile from Firefox still exists even though Firefox had been completely uninstalled? All the of Firefox files were first backed up to MozBackup before uninstallation. :?

DanRaisch

Post Posted June 16th, 2018, 3:45 am

How was Firefox uninstalled? Was it with Windows Add/Remove Programs functionality. That would probably left the original profile behind.
I don't understand your reference to that MozBackup procedure. What was not supposed to tell us?

Buzzrr

Post Posted June 16th, 2018, 1:28 pm

DanRaisch wrote:How was Firefox uninstalled? Was it with Windows Add/Remove Programs functionality. That would probably left the original profile behind.
I don't understand your reference to that MozBackup procedure. What was not supposed to tell us?

Okay Dan as I say I have just suffered through a seizure and and have suffered through some very vile side effect from the prescription the doctors prescription when I when home until for 16 day I it got so bad I finally had the sense to read the side effects from the pill they were giving me. :shock: :twisted:

Anyway last week I finally learned to use the computer! So there you have that in a nutshell and basically everything else I have to relearn how to do. Including doing basic things for myself!

So getting back to the issue I backed up the Firefox to MozBackup so the profile is there and all the setting and whatever as it was before. It's just that anything of Firefox will not work on that laptop. Now I haven't tried it on another laptop. I can try it on mine and see if it works. Although right now with all that has gone on today with me I really don't feel like fooling around with it. I would just like to hear a solution for it. I don't have the patience to experiment! :!:

Hell I cannot even spell!! ](*,)

DanRaisch

Post Posted June 17th, 2018, 4:15 am

If the profile was still intact when you reinstalled Firefox it could be a problem with the profile. Try starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Buzzrr

Post Posted June 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm

DanRaisch wrote:If the profile was still intact when you reinstalled Firefox it could be a problem with the profile. Try starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Yes Dan of course I should thought of that! It was so obvious! I probably would have known that had I not had to go back and had to relearn everything all over again! :(

Thanks for the help! =D>

I use the profile managers a lot in Thunderbird using the -p (there's a name for that but it eludes me now) it will come back to me though...switch that's it!

Firefox: See
on Windows for a step by step guide with screenshots, or follow these instructions:

Open the Windows "Start" menu, select "Run" (on Windows Vista, use "Start Search" or enable the Run box, as described here) then type and enter one of the following:

firefox.exe -profilemanager
firefox.exe -P

See genius at work! :wink:
That's why I end up helping so many other people on here and other sites. It's starting to come back to me! I mostly taught myself about computers. I went to University and ended up teaching the classes about computers rather than the professor who was dumbstruct! I was certified in computer draughting and HTML Web Designing. I started building computers from parts then into gaming systems then into networking then was going to be certified as I was studying prior to the seizure on becoming a CompTIA Certified Network Technician. Now it comes crashing to a halt and I have to start everything from the beginning. I mean everything! Only until last Saturday did I learn how to use the computer!

I usually end up answering my own questions and help other people. It's coming back to me now! I just needed to get jumpstarted like a flat battery! :idea: =D>

LoveMyFoxy

Post Posted June 17th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Buzzrr wrote:
"Now where's that sleep emoticon at?"

This one?
Desktop--Win 7 Ult. 64-bit, 6GB RAM /FF 52ESR 64/ Thunderbird 52 / MS Sec. Essent./ Windows firewall / Verizon FIOS

DanRaisch

Post Posted June 18th, 2018, 4:02 am

Glad to hear that things are improving for you.

Return to Firefox Support