Firefox 60.0.2 (64 bit) keeps locking up!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
NiagaraMouse

Firefox 60.0.2 (64 bit) keeps locking up!!

Post by NiagaraMouse »

Ever since the latest Firefox update to above version I have had nothing but problems. Most times it will not load. Then it will try to load and offers restore session or new session and it hangs at that choice too. I have tried using Refresh, disabling my Add-ons/Extensions and it will sometime load but not all the time.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same problems. I even tried to install back to version 59 and it changed itself to version 60.0.2. I have tried every suggestion on the Firefox support site to no avail.

It took me two tries to open Firefox this time so I could post on this forum. I have these three Add-ons: 1-Click Youtube Video Downloader, IBM Security Rapport (recommended by my Bank), and Norton Safe Search enabled at this time. I also have my Bookmarks tool bar visible.

If someone here cannot help me resolve the problem I will stop using Firefox, which is a shame because I have been using it for years without any issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Frank Lion

Re: Firefox 60.0.2 (64 bit) keeps locking up!!

Post by Frank Lion »

NiagaraMouse wrote:If someone here cannot help me resolve the problem I will stop using Firefox
Feeble attempts at blackmail doesn't go down well here.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

NiagaraMouse wrote:Ever since the latest Firefox update to above version I have had nothing but problems. Most times it will not load. Then it will try to load and offers restore session or new session and it hangs at that choice too. I have tried using Refresh, disabling my Add-ons/Extensions and it will sometime load but not all the time.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same problems. I even tried to install back to version 59 and it changed itself to version 60.0.2. I have tried every suggestion on the Firefox support site to no avail.

It took me two tries to open Firefox this time so I could post on this forum. I have these three Add-ons: 1-Click Youtube Video Downloader, IBM Security Rapport (recommended by my Bank), and Norton Safe Search enabled at this time. I also have my Bookmarks tool bar visible.

If someone here cannot help me resolve the problem I will stop using Firefox, which is a shame because I have been using it for years without any issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You must understand, many Firefox developers don't visit this site, if they do, its super rare. As Frank said no one is stopping you, if you chose not to use Firefox. That's the freedom of choosing the browser you want to use.

Anyway, try Firefox in Safe Mode. Have you tried with a new profile, is the problem still there? What troubleshooting have you preformed?
NiagaraMouse

Post by NiagaraMouse »

What??? I was looking for help, instead I get smart remarks? You both took the time to be 'snarky', way to go, way to help someone. Thanks for nothing, and don't waste your time adding another snarky reply because I will not return to view them.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

NiagaraMouse wrote:I will not return to view them.
Mozillazine wrote:We folks are not part of Mozilla.
Established in 1998, MozillaZine is an independent Mozilla news, community and support site.
MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project.
This is a SUPPORT forum not the complaint department. We will try to help with problems; we DO NOT TAKE THREATS!
NiagaraMouse wrote:If someone here cannot help me resolve the problem I will stop using Firefox.
If you stop/leave we really don't care.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

NiagaraMouse wrote:What??? I was looking for help, instead I get smart remarks? You both took the time to be 'snarky', way to go, way to help someone. Thanks for nothing, and don't waste your time adding another snarky reply because I will not return to view them.
I suggested fixes to you, did you try any of them?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

It appears that the OP has "left the building", so this is getting locked to stop any spammers from posting.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)