How to back-up Firefox ESR?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Clueless in Seattle

How to back-up Firefox ESR?

Post by Clueless in Seattle »

I'm going to try upgrading to Firefox Quantum from Firefox ESR 52.8.1 (32-bit), so I want to back-up my current FF installation.

I Googled "How to back up Firefox" and found this page:
Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ba ... nformation

The instructions say to:
"Click the menu button and select Troubleshooting Information. The Troubleshooting Information tab will open."
When I click the menu button (three stacked horizontal lines) a little window opens up, but it doesn't seem to contain the words "Troubleshooting." I can't figure out how to insert an image into this post, so here's a link to a screen shot of that menu:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150056224 ... ed-public/

I'd be grateful if someone could help me find that Troubleshooting tab.

Re: How to back-up Firefox ESR?

Post by allande »

After clicking the three lines, if you click help there is a sub-menu with "troubleshooting information." Also, if you press the alt key it will temporarily show (until you click) the old menus, assuming it is hidden, and in its help menu is the same "troubleshooting information." Firefox has to be closed before doing the actual copying files.
Clueless in Seattle

Re: How to back-up Firefox ESR?

Post by Clueless in Seattle »

Aha! Thanks, allande! I was looking in the wrong place!

My version of Firefox has that Toolbar with "File, Edit, etc., etc...Help" always displayed. So I didn't really need to click the "Open Menu" button, did I?

My memory's not all that good these days, but I suspect that the current versions of Firefox may have the Menu Toolbar hidden by default. And that years ago I may have changed my Firefox settings to keep it always displayed.

Now, on to backing up my Firefox profile