Firefox Drop Down Address Menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
risk_reversal

Firefox Drop Down Address Menu

Post by risk_reversal »

Hi all,

A quick question please.

I recently added Firefox as a browser (was using SeaMonkey previously) for reason that certain adds-ons are not available on the latter.

I have a question as regards the address bar drop down menu.

In SM, when you have an address in the drop down menu and select it, it moves up to the top of the list. This does not happen in FF.

So for clarity, in SM if I hit the drop down menu and select say Google which is the tenth item down, that item will then be first on the list if I hit the drop down menu again.

Whereas in FF the location of items in the drop down menu is always fixed, so that if Google is tenth and I select it will always remain tenth.

Any way to change this so that it behaves like SM or is this just a feature of FF.

Many thanks for any info provided

Cheers
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox Drop Down Address Menu

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Post by therube »

Thinking FF should do the same, over time.
As in, the awesome bar "learns", with the most used, or maybe it is the most typed, URLs popping to the top - over time.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
risk_reversal

Post by risk_reversal »

therube wrote:Thinking FF should do the same, over time.
As in, the awesome bar "learns", with the most used, or maybe it is the most typed, URLs popping to the top - over time.
Don't know.

As I said with SM if I select the 10th (or other) item down in the drop down address menu, that item immediately goes to the top of the list and is the first one listed thereafter. There is no 'learning' or 'most typed'.

If anyone has any ideas, maybe a setting needs changing in about:config, would appreciate it.

Cheers