MozillaZine

Strange link opening events?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Post Posted August 14th, 2018, 9:36 am

I use the addon Open Link with New Tab to ensure that when a link is selected, it will open a new tab to the right of the parent. For the most part, this has been working well except for the follow quirk: On this site (https://my.yahoo.com/) which opens when starting Quantum, if I were to FIRST left click a link, that link would open within the same tab. And, choosing other links the same way, those links all would open within Yahoo. However, if I were to first right click and choose Open Link in New Tab from the dropdown menu, the link would do as directed, BUT then thereafter, I would be able to left click on the Yahoo site, and all links would open to Yahoo's right (as I want them to do.) Have no idea what's going on???
Windows 10 H 64-bit, Quantum The Latest, Chrome v68, IE11, Thunderbird The Latest, Avast Pro

dfoulkes

Post Posted August 14th, 2018, 11:28 am

Your issue is somewhat similar to my experience with that add-on but I use it on an older Nexus tablet (latest Firefox). In my case (as opposed to yours) even if I long press on a Yahoo item and then click on open a new tab..it opens in that new tab...but unlike yours, if I then press on another Yahoo link it still opens in the same tab. But, if I were to go to another site and click on a link they always open in a new tab.

It seems that it is a bug in the add-on and would suspect that it's not Firefox. But who knows... new Firefox and new addon... who can tell at this time. You might want to contact the author?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!

Return to Firefox Support