Session storage

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
pewe

Session storage

Post by pewe »

Last night I had an update notification and downloaded it.

I then restarted FF on update completion and although I had 'Startup/restore previous session' set as yes, when the update restarted no 'restore previous pages' was offered.

Can someone tell me how I can restore the pages (or find where the session is stored) now that session manager has not been available for some time?

Thanks
therube

Re: Session storage

Post by therube »

(Backup your Profile.)

What versions of FF are we speaking of?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
pewe

Post by pewe »

It is V61 - Quantum.

I have been using FF for many years, but as time has gone on the flexibility and control seems to have been complicated with what (to me as a simple user) has become far less appealing. A number of the older add-ons have disappeared due to developers losing interest in keeping up and some useful features have also disappeared - such as session manager, open links in a new tab automatically on right click, right click (long) and print etc.

Time to look at what's on offer from the competition again I think.
therube

Post by therube »

Depending on what you have done (have you backed up what you had) in the interim, you may find something useful. Check your Profile folder, in particular for sessionstore.js* & /sessionstore-backups/ (directory & files within).

From there... (I imagine there is an article, somewhere ?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Quantum is current since firefox v57. If you complain about losing extensions you never were on quantum. Its not mozillas fault that you are not current or using extensions!

Everybody is free for browser choice! Please do not complain here as we are no complain departement. But we can help out and extensions replacements you can find again on addons.mozilla.org (amo).

A new profile recommended to avoid remnants!