NFL Videos

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
TheVisitor

Re: NFL Videos

Post by TheVisitor »

colley30 wrote:I have Adblock Plus and even when I disabled ALL Blocking on the site, VIDEOS STILL WONT PLAY

I'll ask again, if you have blocked auto play it breaks playback:
media.autoplay.enabled set to false is breaking user experience (videos won't play)
Open about:config - and search for the pref above 'media.autoplay.enabled = is it set to 'false' ?

That pref has been removed or renamed in later versions of Firefox as it no longer appears in the latest Nightly I'm using.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

I had to turn off uBlock Origin and Enable 3rd-Party Cookies to Always before it would play. Man.. that site created like 92 cookies or something. Geez..
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

colley30 wrote:I have Adblock Plus and even when I disabled ALL Blocking on the site, VIDEOS STILL WONT PLAY
This might sound like a silly question, but did you refresh the page after you disabled Adblock? Sometimes the simplest things that are overlooked can cause problems. If that isn't the answer, the only other thing I can think of is to uninstall Adblock. I used to use it, but found it very problematic.

I recommend using uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, and Cookie AutoDelete. Be mindful that once in a blue moon uB O and P B can prevent a page loading. What I found is that in almost all cases, the page has some sort of potentially harmful content or wild pop-up advertising e.g., gaming, dating etc. And of course, they can prevent video playback.
colley30

Post by colley30 »

I also had UBlock at one time; it also blocked things like videos; thus the reason I uninstalled it
ghot

Post by ghot »

Maybe it's time to switch to FF 61.x.x
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
colley30

Post by colley30 »

NOPE,,, then I lose all of my Add Ons
colley30

Post by colley30 »

NFL videos work in the Microsoft Edge and Opera Browsers; however they DO NOT work in Firefox and Chrome;
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Er yes they do....
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Work fine with 61.0.2 in Windows 7 Pro if I disable uBlock Origin for the page and set 3rd-party cookies to always. (I know, a repeat of what I said earlier.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

colley30 wrote:the link doesn't matter; videos DO NOT play no matter what NFL Team site you're logged on to
Maybe all the vids are taking a knee?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
colley30

Post by colley30 »

not going to update FF and lose all of my important Add Ons