long click for tab history

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fipau

long click for tab history

Post by fipau »

in the "old times", I had addons that provided the following functionality: when keeping the mouse button pressed on the back arrow (left on the address bar) or on a tab, the the tab history was shown and one address could easily be selected.

can that be somehow achieved with the current actual version of FF?
smsmith

Re: long click for tab history

Post by smsmith »

I get that menu if I right click either the back or the forward button, doesn't matter which. I also get that menu if I click and hold with the left button, but that only works if the button is active.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
fipau

Post by fipau »

that doesn't work for me (FF 61.0.2, opensuse)
fipau

Post by fipau »

strange behaviour: the history appears now when clicking on the arrow buttons, but only in newly opened windows.
but the back arrow suddenly did not have any effect in an old window ...

furthermore:
the was an addon that provided the following functionality: when I click and hold with the right button into a window and then used the scroll wheeel, a tab history appeared that could be selected from. is there a new addon with that functionality?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

The back/forward history menu been a stock feature for as long as I can remember. Does it work in safe mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
fipau wrote:the was an addon that provided the following functionality: when I click and hold with the right button into a window and then used the scroll wheeel, a tab history appeared that could be selected from. is there a new addon with that functionality?
I don't think extensions are allowed to do things like that anymore, but I'd be glad to see if I can search out something. Do you remember what the previous add-on was called?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
fipau

Post by fipau »

smsmith wrote:The back/forward history menu been a stock feature for as long as I can remember. Does it work in safe mode?
it works again now in general! ? so it got solved by itself
smsmith wrote: scroll wheeel, a tab history appeared that could be selected from. is there a new addon with that functionality?
I don't think extensions are allowed to do things like that anymore, but I'd be glad to see if I can search out something. Do you remember what the previous add-on was called?[/quote]

maybe it was part of Tab Mix Plus???
I had as well Tab History Menu installed ..
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I think I remember it also from my mouse gestures add-on, but like I said, I don't think extensions are allowed to do things like that anymore. I tried searching the add-ons site but didn't see anything.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

more tab features are in work, stay tuned. but right mouse button on back/forward shows back/forward history to select.