I need a Firefox expert!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tanstaafl

Re: I need a Firefox expert!

Post by tanstaafl »

"If the drivers are not compatible with the newest version of Firefox (that's when the problem started), then why are they compatible with my computer when I switch user to Guest mode?"

I thought guest mode was only a feature in the mobile version of Firefox (not to be confused with creating a guest profile using the profile manager). Did you mean the problem doesn't occur if you use the Windows 7 "switch user" feature to login using a guest account?

I'm wondering if you have a different (older) copy of Firefox for the Windows guest account.
editor1552

Post by editor1552 »

Here's the conclusion to this thread: A techie friend worked for a couple hours today in an attempt to correct the glitch, without success. Tried installing updated drivers from Dell, but the machine would not accept them. He also looked over all the postings and suggestions on this thread.

Since the glitch consists only of about as half-second abnormal delay in connecting with an Internet website, we decided to live with this very minor inconvenience rather than spend more time or money on this effort. And we agreed that it's quite possible that the next time Firefox updates its browser that the update could just possibly correct the glitch.

Thanks all for your help.

George in Arizona
lasardo

Post by lasardo »

If the next Firefox version does not improve the white flash, a previous user pointed to the Shadowfox automatic installer for a dark theme userChrome.css for Firefox. If you prefer dark colors, there are previews that show what it would look like: https://overdodactyl.github.io/ShadowFox/ You could have your friend help you install it if necessary, should be pretty straightforward. Will not improve the delay, only the white flash.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

editor1552 wrote:Since the glitch consists only of about as half-second abnormal delay in connecting with an Internet website,
Worrying about a "half-second" delay on an ancient computer with outdated drivers is beyond the pale.

Locking

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6