Clear recent history opens a new browser

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Grim

Clear recent history opens a new browser

Post by Grim »

FF52. Is there a simple reason for FF doing this or you need more info.

Thankyou
Is Ye Alreet
DanRaisch

Re: Clear recent history opens a new browser

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
Grim

Post by Grim »

Not tried safemode yet, i did disable all add-ons, no change. I have another pref.js that i was using until last night but htlm5 vids stopped working on youtube so i went back to older prefs.js & youtube html5 vids work but i then got the problem i am making this topic for. So, i am guessing it's something in about:config that i could easily change if i knew what to change.

(edit)
It does it in safe mode also, confirming to me that it is something i done in about:config. Comparing my 2 prefs.js will take forever.
Is Ye Alreet
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Is condition site related?
Sometimes if you log into a site with a password and then clear history or data it may log you out of a site and the browser window appears to be new.
You may have to log back in on some sites.
Try it with this site, turn off cookies, log in and see if it holds.
. . turn it around, log in with cookies and clear history and see if the "new" window appears.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Grim

Post by Grim »

It repeats over & over, got nothing to do with cookies i dont think. I opened several browsers, cleared the history & they all closed except two.
Is Ye Alreet
Grim

Post by Grim »

Fixed but i dont what parameter did it. I copied all media. parameters over from one prefs.js to the one in use atm.
Is Ye Alreet
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

My post wasn't just for cookies, along with the cookies you probably dumped site data as well.
Look at your /History/Clear History settings or look under /edit/preferences/history/clear history/settings.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you