Persona Plus?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CaJazzman

Persona Plus?

Post by CaJazzman »

So, I got a notification today that persona plus will expire on November 18, 2018, so, what does that mean for custoization of Firefox? Will I still be able to install themes, or will all of that go away too? :?:
therube

Re: Persona Plus?

Post by therube »

What is personas plus?
I suppose that https://color.firefox.com/ won't exist until November 19, 2018 ;-).
Ohhh, I can't wait!
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lasardo

Post by lasardo »

The description on the personas plus extension page says: "it’s time to say goodbye to Personas Plus and to say hello to Firefox Color, Mozilla’s new tool for creating custom themes.
Firefox Color is a new extension that makes it easy for you to change the look of Firefox. You can choose different color combinations and textures for your own Firefox theme and share your creation with others.
To start using Firefox Color, install the extension from color.firefox.com. If you would like to create and publish a new theme, please go to the Developer Hub on addons.mozilla.org. If you enjoyed using the Favorites feature in Personas Plus to save your favorite themes, please create a new collection on addons.mozilla.org."

This announcement below says that current lightweight themes will not be removed, and will be automatically transitioned, and to not create duplicates of them.
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2018/09 ... emes-here/

The new system does not have "live preview" of themes, instead it has a mini-screenshot to show what the theme looks like.
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

lasardo wrote:The description on the personas plus extension page says: "it’s time to say goodbye to Personas Plus and to say hello to Firefox Color, Mozilla’s new tool for creating custom themes.
Firefox Color is a new extension that makes it easy for you to change the look of Firefox. You can choose different color combinations and textures for your own Firefox theme and share your creation with others.
To start using Firefox Color, install the extension from color.firefox.com. If you would like to create and publish a new theme, please go to the Developer Hub on addons.mozilla.org. If you enjoyed using the Favorites feature in Personas Plus to save your favorite themes, please create a new collection on addons.mozilla.org."

This announcement below says that current lightweight themes will not be removed, and will be automatically transitioned, and to not create duplicates of them.
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2018/09 ... emes-here/

The new system does not have "live preview" of themes, instead it has a mini-screenshot to show what the theme looks like.
Well, I did install Firefox Color, but I hate it, compared to Personas Plus, which was so easy to install one of thousands. So, as of now, I have the new addon disabled and am using Themes to customize my Firefox. 8-)
therube

Post by therube »

Yeah, it kind of made me dizzy too.
And if I saw it correctly, you're unable to color the non-focused tabs (different from other elements)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

Tried that too, not much different then Firefox color. But, thanks! 8-)
So, I will use a theme to make Firefox as I want, until, Mozilla decides to mess that up too. But, I’m thinking that’s not going to happen. Just have to roll with the punches! 8-)
LeeBinder

Post by LeeBinder »

Hello. Could someone please attach their latest compile of your Personas Plus xpi? I'm debugging an older version of Thunderbird which has issues with P+ v.1.8.3 (but also with the newer Firefox Color kinds of themes) and I can't find an xpi of v.2.0.2. Thank you.
Waterfox & Thunderbird | macOS Mojave & Big Sur
also installed but hardly ever use: Windows 10