I moved from Seamonkey to Firefox & now Facebook terrible!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Melissa2009B

I moved from Seamonkey to Firefox & now Facebook terrible!

Post by Melissa2009B »

I finally got fed up with Seamonkey, ( which I'd used for MANY years - since preferring the old Navigator GUI ) a few months ago, and managed to migrate everything quite nicely to Firefox. Then I started noticing that Facebook was having all kinds of problems. ( mostly like frequently getting blank pages and having to reload them! ) So I was checking the version of Firefox and noticed that it gave me Quantum, which I knew nothing about. ( It's doing automatic updates, so I have the latest. )

I thought I was just getting Firefox. But this is really messed up now, and I don't want to go back to Seamonkey - I JUST want Firefox to work well on Facebook.
Melissa
lasardo

Re: I moved from Seamonkey to Firefox & now Facebook terribl

Post by lasardo »

What antivirus software do you use? Do you have this symbol in your Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ac ... -indicator?
Melissa2009B

Post by Melissa2009B »

lasardo wrote:What antivirus software do you use? Do you have this symbol in your Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ac ... -indicator?
Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Where would that symbol be?
Melissa
lasardo

Post by lasardo »

It would be in the tab bar at the top right I think. It can show if an antivirus program is interfering with Firefox, but since you have defender and malwarebytes I doubt that is the problem. Maybe experiment with Facebook in Firefox Safe mode (do NOT select the refresh firefox button) http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Melissa2009B

Post by Melissa2009B »

Oh this is great! I entered safe mode and Facebook locked me out and wants me to change my password and take the 3rd degree now, to get back in!

Anyway, I don't have time to check this extensively yet, but so far it's ok. I just don't have that many add-ons that I'm aware of.

Melissa
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Melissa2009B wrote:Oh this is great! I entered safe mode and Facebook locked me out and wants me to change my password and take the 3rd degree now, to get back in!
That's a pity. As you know, you are not allowed to ever return again to the SeaMonkey browser once you have left it. Looks like you're stuck with Firefox for good.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)