Function in website stops working but not in other browsers

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fade2gray

Function in website stops working but not in other browsers

Post by fade2gray »

I think the problem is most likely a server-side scripting issue rather than a fault with Fx, as it only started happening recently. I've tried winding back as far as Fx 42 on a VM, but the problem is still there.

The problem: A UK news site (beware if you visit, advertising minefield) permits commenting on some articles, and if an @ symbol is used within the comment body a list of tagable commenters should appear. Recently the list has stopped populating, but this is not the case with several other browsers I've tried.

Has anyone else experienced this - do you know of a solution?

Thank you for any advice.

EDIT: I have tried the recommended trouble-shooting, including disabling all add-ons, Fx safe mode, fresh profile etc.
Last edited by fade2gray on October 15th, 2018, 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Markmilleru2

Re: Function in website stops working but not in other brows

Post by Markmilleru2 »

fade2gray wrote:I think the problem is most likely a server-side scripting issue rather than a fault with Fx, as it only started happening recently. I've tried winding back as far as Fx 42 on a VM, but the problem is still there.

The problem: A UK (beware if you visit, advertising minefield) permits commenting on some articles, and if an @ symbol is used within the comment body a list of tagable commenters should appear. Recently the list has stopped populating, but this is not the case with several other browsers I've tried.

Has anyone else experienced this - do you know of a solution?

Thank you for any advice.
Site admin I am also facing this issue please help us
Last edited by Markmilleru2 on September 7th, 2019, 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
therube

Post by therube »

@Mark, what browser & what steps have you tried?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
fade2gray

Post by fade2gray »

therube wrote:@Mark, what browser & what steps have you tried?
Not that you were asking me, but the problem doesn't exist using Google Chrome or Comodo Dragon on Windows PC. The problem occurs with the Fx app on my Samsung mobile device, but not with the default browser app.