Toolbars missing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bilnrobn

Toolbars missing

Post by bilnrobn »

All toolbars across the top top of my screen have vanished except the home page tabs and the address bar. I can get the side bar showing the contents of the Bookmark Toolbar, but I want it across the top of the screen. Also the main toolbar is also missing so I can't get to 'View' to correct the problem.

I'm sure there is a way but seems I need help finding it.
Bill (Western Australia)
Browser, Firefox. Emails, Thunderbird. Both usually the latest release. OS: Windows 10
There are ten kinds of people in this world; those who understand Binary and those who don't.
jscher2000

Re: Toolbars missing

Post by jscher2000 »

That sounds like a scripted pop-up window with specific features set. Those always have an address bar, even if they do not have the rest of the main toolbar, and they normally do not have the menu bar, tabs bar, or bookmarks toolbar. (Even Alt+v to activate the View menu won't work in that kind of window.)

Could you launch a new window by pressing Ctrl+n (or you could use the right-click "jump list" from the Firefox icon on the Windows 10 Task Bar). Is that window normal?
bilnrobn

Re: Toolbars missing

Post by bilnrobn »

:D Thanks jscher. Ctrl+N didn't help but your right click suggestion prompted me to try that at the top of the Firefox screen and it allowed me to get both the missing toolbars back. (Kicking myself for not trying that; I'm always telling my wife, "Right click is your best friend".) :oops:
Bill (Western Australia)
Browser, Firefox. Emails, Thunderbird. Both usually the latest release. OS: Windows 10
There are ten kinds of people in this world; those who understand Binary and those who don't.