Clear Now button missing on Clear History

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dubinm

Clear Now button missing on Clear History

Post by dubinm »

Under Privacy and Security I click on the Clear History button and I get the dropdown with the list of items I wish to clear like History, Cache, etc.

But there are no buttons at the bottom of the screen to either "Clear Now" or "Cancel". So it is not possible for me to clear my cache.

These buttons were there the last time I cleared history which was a few weeks ago.

Anyone know what happened or how to fix this.?

Thank you.

dubinm
jscher2000

Re: Clear Now button missing on Clear History

Post by jscher2000 »

Some of the dialogs that open from the Options page are affected by your current zoom level. If you zoom out (hold down Ctrl and tap - a couple times) then try again, can you get the whole dialog?

Or if you're on any page and press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to get the "classic" dialog, does that one still have the two buttons?
dubinm

Re: Clear Now button missing on Clear History

Post by dubinm »

jscher2000 wrote:Some of the dialogs that open from the Options page are affected by your current zoom level. If you zoom out (hold down Ctrl and tap - a couple times) then try again, can you get the whole dialog?

Or if you're on any page and press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to get the "classic" dialog, does that one still have the two buttons?
Thank you very much. I guess there are sometimes problems with my default zoom level due to the resolution of my laptop. Pressing Ctrl and tapping - two times worked. I was able to see the two buttons and clear my history and cache. I will remember to do this any time a webpage appears too big for the screen.

dubinm