cbssports not working properly after update to Firefox 63

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bo elam

cbssports not working properly after update to Firefox 63

Post by bo elam »

Hi, I am using Firefox 32 bits in my Windows 10 64 bits computer. Right away after updating Firefox to version 63, I noticed I cant play videos anymore at cbssports.com. My guess is that the problem is caused by changes related to Content blocking that were implemented in Firefox 63. After experiencing the issue, first, for testing, I disabled NoScript, the only extension i use, and when that didn't get the videos working, I tested creating a new Firefox profile. Even with a new profile with Firefox with default settings, videos dont work anymore.

Here is an example of a video that works fine with Firefox 62.0.3 and Internet explorer. But cant play it with Firefox 63. Can some of you guys test the link, and if you have any ideas on how to solve this glitch, please tell me. I tested other sites I use on a regular basis and all seem to be fine. But it bothers me to have this issue at cbssports. Likely, Firefox is blocking something which it shouldn't and I don't know what it is.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chad ... een-party/

Bo
atlanto

Re: cbssports not working properly after update to Firefox 6

Post by atlanto »

Toggle layout.css.unknown-webkit-pseudo-element to true in about:config.

(The video plays fine on beta(64.0b3) because of 'Bug 1486325 Enable layout.css.unknown-webkit-pseudo-element by default'.)
bo elam

Re: cbssports not working properly after update to Firefox 6

Post by bo elam »

Atlanto, thank you, toggling that preference worked.

Bo