Private borwsing does not delete espn cookies

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cleanman2

Private borwsing does not delete espn cookies

Post by cleanman2 »

OS = Linux Mint 18.1
Firefox = 63.0
Settings = Block 3d party cookies set by trackers

i read a number of rss feeds in private browsing mode. BBC, CNN, ESPN etc. When I close the browser all cookies EXCEPT ESPN cookies are deleted. At first I thought it might be because I had a normal window and a private window open at the same time. To test I made sure I only had a private browsing window open but it still saved the ESPN cookies. If I manually delete the cookies they stay gone until I visit ESPN again. I have looked through preferences and can find no place where I have created any type of exception for ESPN.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks, Jim
jscher2000

Re: Private borwsing does not delete espn cookies

Post by jscher2000 »

Where do you see the leftover cookies? For example, in Firefox's "Manage Data" dialog on the Privacy & Security tab of the Preferences page.

Do you have any add-ons that might automatically retrieve any files from ESPN?
cleanman2

Post by cleanman2 »

jscher2000 wrote:Where do you see the leftover cookies? For example, in Firefox's "Manage Data" dialog on the Privacy & Security tab of the Preferences page.
Yes, that is where I see them.

[/quote]Do you have any add-ons that might automatically retrieve any files from ESPN?[/quote]

Not that I know of.

Addons = Awesome RSS, Ghostery, & uBlock Origin.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

you dont need ghostery when using ublock.
PBM deletes cookies from that session, but no other cookies. you had that cookie before.
cleanman2

Post by cleanman2 »

Brummelchen wrote:you dont need ghostery when using ublock.
You are probable correct. I set this up years ago and at the time I thought I needed Ghostery. Will take another look at it.
PBM deletes cookies from that session, but no other cookies. you had that cookie before.
In my trying to figure this out I have manually deleted the ESPN cookies, shut down firefox, reopened firefox in PBM and made sure the cookies were gone, so I am sure they are not left over from a prior session.

Regards, Jim