MozillaZine

The end of MY rope.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Wonderful1

Post Posted November 26th, 2018, 9:52 pm

I've stuck with Firefox through the great years. Now it seems like it has turned into a complete mess.

Some of its best add-ons have been rendered unuseable. My two favorites, LastPass and NoSquint: down the drain.

This obnoxious yellow strip under the titles pops up several times each session to say a script keeps running. All in all, it has turned into a nightmare experience.
Please, can I have my old reliable browser back?

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 27th, 2018, 6:33 am

That yellow strip is likely an indication that one of the previously installed extensions is no longer compatible. It's up to the authors of those favorite extensions to update them for compatibility with the latest versions of Firefox. You could run Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode ) to test that theory.

LIMPET235

Post Posted November 27th, 2018, 6:53 am

Hi Wonderful1,
Last Pass is available for the latest Firefox versions.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ast%20pass
No Squint appears to be stuck at the 2017 updated version.
Reviews are not very favourable either with no response from the Dev.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/Intel® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-57.0-61.0-62.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.11.0.
RadioYachting. (Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

ZekeBlue

Post Posted November 27th, 2018, 9:32 am

Wonderful1 wrote:I've stuck with Firefox through the great years. Now it seems like it has turned into a complete mess.

Some of its best add-ons have been rendered unuseable. My two favorites, LastPass and NoSquint: down the drain.

This obnoxious yellow strip under the titles pops up several times each session to say a script keeps running. All in all, it has turned into a nightmare experience.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zoom-page-we/ works well for me.
. . . . . . . . . . Zeke

tweazer

Post Posted December 2nd, 2018, 5:31 pm

While I can't argue that they killed some good add-ons, my Lastpass is up to date and working well with the most recent FF version 63.03.

I do miss TabMixPlus

CaJazzman

Post Posted December 3rd, 2018, 6:34 pm

Wonderful1 wrote:I've stuck with Firefox through the great years. Now it seems like it has turned into a complete mess.

I, used to use LastPass, but had issues about it automatically login, so, I now use StickyPassword, and am so glad I switched, because I’m having no issues whatsoever. 8-)

dfoulkes

Post Posted December 4th, 2018, 10:54 am

I take it that that StickyPassword is not an extension?... but an app to install?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!

CaJazzman

Post Posted December 4th, 2018, 7:31 pm

dfoulkes wrote:I take it that that StickyPassword is not an extension?... but an app to install?

Yes, it’s an app. 8-)

Return to Firefox Support