Firefox Auto close problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
shahidullah12

Firefox Auto close problem

Post by shahidullah12 »

if i can open my browser and then start using browsing after 3 minutes it will be automatically close.I dont know how i can fix this problem.
smsmith

Re: Firefox Auto close problem

Post by smsmith »

If you start Firefox in safe mode, does it still crash/close after three minutes?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode

Note that it is not intended that you run Firefox in safe mode all the time. It is merely a diagnostic mode to help figure out what might be wrong.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
shahidullah12

Post by shahidullah12 »

Yes its working in safe mode thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Digital Free Courses | Udemy Free Courses | Free Udemy Courses | Udemy Courses | Udemy Downloader | Udemy Courses Free Download
Last edited by shahidullah12 on December 11th, 2018, 5:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That suggests that the shutdown issue may be caused by an installed extension. Start Firefox in standard mode and disable all but one extension. Close and restart Firefox. If it runs without problems, enable a second extension, close and restart. Repeat this process until Firefox shuts down or all extensions have been enabled and there is no automatic shutdown. If an extension is identified as causing the problem, remove that extension and enable all others, then run to confirm that the shutdowns do not occur.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

An alternate explanation could be a fault of hardware acceleration. You can disable it in the options.

Options -> General, Performance. Untick "Use recommended performance settings" if it isn't already. If it wasn't, some new options will appear. Untick "Use hardware acceleration when available".
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.