URL suggestions popup doesn't go away when items are hidden

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
anewuser

URL suggestions popup doesn't go away when items are hidden

Post by anewuser »

I've been using this for a long time to hide crap like "search with" and "visit" from the urlbar dropdown, but now the suggestions don't go away even when the URL I'm typing in has no matches in my history:

Code: Select all

richlistitem[type*="heuristic"],
richlistitem[actiontype="searchengine"],
richlistitem[actiontype="visiturl"],
richlistitem[actiontype="keyword"] {
    visibility: collapse !important;
}
How to fix this?
jscher2000

Re: URL suggestions popup doesn't go away when items are hid

Post by jscher2000 »

Mine has a delay; the list seems to freeze when there are no matches, but after a few moments, it goes away.
ReggieNJ

Post by ReggieNJ »

Something in the dropdown behavior itself however seems to have gotten pretty screwy in the last few versions. I've noticed the longer I have a browser window open, the less responsive it seems to get. Box stays open with items that don't match (like what you're seeing), items deleted remain visible instead of disappearing. Restarting usually fixes things, until it starts degrading again.

Edit: As far as I can tell, richlistitem[actiontype="keyword"] seems to be causing the glitchy behavior. I think that one is tied to the One-Click Search Engines section in Options. If you don't have keywords set for them, they shouldn't show any suggestions in the urlbar.
anewuser

Post by anewuser »

ReggieNJ wrote:Edit: As far as I can tell, richlistitem[actiontype="keyword"] seems to be causing the glitchy behavior.
The problem doesn't go away to me after removing that. :(