New color of tab titles

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Odin2

New color of tab titles

Post by Odin2 »

Since upgrading to v. 64, the title text of inactive tabs (which was black) is now white. Since I use the "light" theme, that change makes this text almost invisible. Can I reverse that change and restore the black titles?
therube

Re: New color of tab titles

Post by therube »

On some themes I've looked at, like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=rating, the (now) default white changed to black.

Imagine through some CSS magic, you'll get Back To Black.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

I thought that Mozilla would let me continue to use my choice of its default themes without eyestrain, but I guess not. No biggie, as "Internet Explorer Blue" [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... orer-blue/] is almost the same as the default "light" theme without the near-invisible tab title text [and without distracting graphics]. It's sad of course that I must turn to a theme named after an inferior competing browser. Those who don't mind a slight color gradient might like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ipop-road/.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

I don't see that,
Light 'theme' = Dark text
Dark 'theme' = Light text

What happens in Safe Mode with the default Light/Dark skins?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Mightyglydd, safe mode did not cure. Therube's post above suggests that therube encountered the same problem. Note that only the text for inactive tabs is affected. My alternative themes [see above] solve.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

No it doesn't, not here, you're talking about the DEFAULT themes right?
I have no idea what crap AMO 'skins' have to do with the price of tea in China... I'm on the hideous Light 'Theme' now, ALL tabs have dark text.
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Yes, the default "light" theme. I believe I perhaps was able to see dark text titles on inactive tabs very briefly. Sorry you think its hideous--maybe too plain for you?
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

When one remembers what real Themers were able to achieve, I can only conclude Mozilla employs myopic Chimps.....Tis sad.
@ What's even more embarrassing IMO is even the frakkin' default Chrome look is now more pleasant to the eyes.