Favicons

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
greybeard2012

Favicons

Post by greybeard2012 »

I've been meaning to look into whether it is possible to add/change favicons in Bookmarks and Tabs for various web sites particularly those that do not have embedded ones and so display with that generic grey globe.

Yesterday I decided to look through the addons for a tool that could do this and came across favicon customizer 0.5 which I found does the job but with certain limitations, apparently.

It works fine for the Bookmarks, replacing the default one with an icon of your choice/location and it does the same in the Tab for the actual bookmarked web page. However if you go to any other page on the same website the Tab icon disappears because the URL is not the same as the one set in favicon-customizer GUI.

What I'm wondering is if there is any way of forming the URL used to enable the Tab icon across all pages on that particular website? I've tried a few things to modify the URL without success. The addon also has an optional Page Title string setting which might be relevant but whenever I add anything there and reboot I lose the icon from the Tab completely.

Any ideas?