Hotmail appears to be a problem again.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jarnie

Hotmail appears to be a problem again.

Post by jarnie »

Recently I noticed that Hotmail have updated somehow (slightly different screen etc) and ever since I have been having lots of different problems both reading and sending emails especially when I have attached a file.
In desperation I tried Hotmail using a different internet browser and found NO problems so I now have created a shortcut to Hotmail via the other browser and all seems fine.

I really would prefer using Firefox and so Googled the topic and found some links (including to this forum) which stated similar problems. However all the posts I viewed were some years old. Has anyone else found problem lately using Hotmail?

John
dfoulkes

Re: Hotmail appears to be a problem again.

Post by dfoulkes »

A couple of things you can try. Firefox in safe-mode disables a number it things so while in safe-mode give Hot mail a try to see what happens.

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

If that doesn't work properly then you might want to try creating a test profile... try it out as-is to see what happens....
Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

In both cases of testing, they are used for seeing if the issue goes away... either way, post back here with the results and we will go forward.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!