FF wont remember AWS Amazon password

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kevs

FF wont remember AWS Amazon password

Post by kevs »

FF usually does a great job with remember user/ passwords, but for some reason, wont remember password to my Amazon AWS account. Any ideas? Super nuisance. Thanks.
MAC USER
makaiguy

Re: FF wont remember AWS Amazon password

Post by makaiguy »

Many sites with sensitive information (such as banks, brokerages, etc) are coded to prevent saving login information. And some with not-so-sensitive information too, it seems. Maybe Amazon Web Services is one of them. If so, this is for your protection to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts by other people using the same computer.

If you are willing to accept the risk of having this data saved, you SOMETIMES can get around this prohibition (depending on how it was coded on the original page) via a bookmarklet which you activate while on the page, and before submitting your login data. If it works, FFox will pop up the usual "save this login data?" query when you log in.

Here's one good source of bookmarklets:
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
Go there and read up on bookmarklets, then click on the 'Form bookmarklets' link and drag the "Remember Password" one to your bookmark bar.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
kevs

Re: FF wont remember AWS Amazon password

Post by kevs »

Thanks M.
Would you know it, for first time, I click on the AWS bookmark and I'm on the site! Usually tedious password always. Will keep eye out...
Don't remember ever seeing a Sometimes, will keep eye out next time.
Don't understand your bookmarklets.. at all.
MAC USER