Import Firefox 64 Default Theme in to Firefox 65?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Franpa

Import Firefox 64 Default Theme in to Firefox 65?

Post by Franpa »

Is it possible to easily & quickly port the look of the Firefox 64's Default theme to Firefox 65? Here is a reference image of Firefox 64 Default Theme: https://imgur.com/8W4ogh9

Firefox 65 changed the Default theme and made it look similar to the Light theme, the only difference between Light and Default in Firefox 65 is everything is white instead of slightly blue.

Edit: See here for an update on the situation http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14822483

* I hate the UI being a single colour because it's very hard to focus on specific aspects when it all looks the same.
* I hate having the Tab Bar that borders the page contents, bright, because it's super distracting when it seamlessly blends in with bright websites (previous appearance didn't blend in with any website which is GOOD).
* I hate the Active and Inactive Tabs being virtually the same brightness, it's very difficult to identify which tab is active.
Last edited by Franpa on January 30th, 2019, 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi)|16GB 3600MHz RAM|Nvidia Geforce 1070Ti 8GB|Corsair AX760 Power Supply
Brummelchen

Re: Import Firefox 64 Default Theme in to Firefox 65?

Post by Brummelchen »

Firefox 65 changed the Default theme
where?
but i think you wont be able to do this without crashing your browser because default themes are not compatible at all.
if firefox looks different it might be a bug concerning windows 10 but at least is firefox obeying windows 10 theme, you should try that first.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It sounds like you have the Firefox Light theme enabled at this point. Did you confirm that the default theme is selected and enabled?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Franpa wrote:Is it possible to easily & quickly port the look of the Firefox 64's Default theme to Firefox 65?
Not easily or quickly, no. Firefox pretty much is what it is, these days.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Franpa

Post by Franpa »

Hmmm, I have a sneaking suspicion I may have already been using userChrome.css to tweak the look of the browser in older versions of Firefox (and I simply forgot about it) and that Firefox 65 broke my changes in userChrome.css, necessitating updates to the css code. So I was never actually using a vanilla Theme in Firefox 64.

I've been doing some digging and the FX Colour (Github) web extension let's me use an image as the background for the Menu Toolbar so that's now the colour that I want it to be and I'm using the below CSS snippet to change the look of inactive Tabs to improve contrast between them and the active Tab:

Code: Select all

.tab-background:not([selected]) {
    background-color: #c7c7c7 !important;
}
All that's left to figure out is how to change the colour of the Tab Toolbar it self...
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi)|16GB 3600MHz RAM|Nvidia Geforce 1070Ti 8GB|Corsair AX760 Power Supply