Question about Firefox 65 and a YouTube video

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tomdkat

Question about Firefox 65 and a YouTube video

Post by tomdkat »

Hi! I'm running Firefox 65 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 18.10 and found the audio is very much out of sync with the video in this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3wSSSh ... e=youtu.be

*** Before watching the video ***
The video is a CNN interview with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I'm not posting this link to comment on the content of the video, *only* to ask about the audio/video sync issue.

When I view the video in Firefox, the audio is ahead of the video and it's quite noticeable. When I view it in Opera 58, on the same system, the audio and video are in sync. When I view it in Chromium 71, on the same system, the audio is slightly out of sync but not much.

Questions:

1) Is the audio out of sync with the video in Firefox on your system?
2) Any ideas as to why the audio would be out of sync with the video?

Thanks in advance!

Peace...
MarkRH

Re: Question about Firefox 65 and a YouTube video

Post by MarkRH »

With Firefox 65.0.1 in Windows 7 Pro, the audio and video are synced perfectly in that video. Right-clicking and viewing Stats for Nerds it's playing as a VP9 video.
tomdkat

Post by tomdkat »

MarkRH wrote:With Firefox 65.0.1 in Windows 7 Pro, the audio and video are synced perfectly in that video. Right-clicking and viewing Stats for Nerds it's playing as a VP9 video.
Thanks! I also tried it on a different system and didn't experience the issue. So, it must be something with my obsolete computer. :)

I'll check the "Stats for Nerds" to see which video format I'm viewing.

Thanks!

Peace...
kerft

Post by kerft »

You could set in about:config layers.acceleration.force-enabled to true and restart firefox. That enables hardware acceleration (graphics acceleration) and improves some things. In some cases it may glitch or make it slower instead of faster, you can set it back to false if so.
tomdkat

Post by tomdkat »

kerft wrote:You could set in about:config layers.acceleration.force-enabled to true and restart firefox. That enables hardware acceleration (graphics acceleration) and improves some things. In some cases it may glitch or make it slower instead of faster, you can set it back to false if so.
Thanks for the tip!

Peace...