Password manager

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
KlondikeGeoff

Password manager

Post by KlondikeGeoff »

I have used FF ever since it came out. My old desktop with Win XP has gotten flaky, so had to get a new computer with Win10 (which I hate).

I set up the password manager with a master password, and it had a few of the saved ones already there.

However, when I went to a new website, put in the username and password, the box that used to open asking if I wanted to save it no longer appears.

Is there any way to manually enter information for new websites for I want to save the information?

If not, how can i get new data into it when I log into a website??
morat

Re: Password manager

Post by morat »

Is the save login and password feature enabled?

about:preferences#privacy

[check] Ask to save logins and passwords for websites

You can import save logins and passwords from another browser.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Also make sure that you haven't enabled permanent Private Browsing mode (Always use Private Browsing mode; Never Remember History).
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

KlondikeGeoff wrote:I have used FF ever since it came out. My old desktop with Win XP has gotten flaky, so had to get a new computer with Win10 (which I hate).

I set up the password manager with a master password, and it had a few of the saved ones already there.

However, when I went to a new website, put in the username and password, the box that used to open asking if I wanted to save it no longer appears.

Is there any way to manually enter information for new websites for I want to save the information?

If not, how can i get new data into it when I log into a website??
The built in password manager is ok, but, allot of people have added one of the add on password managers which are far better then the built in one. Some of the better ones are, StickyPassword, LastPass, and Dashlane. See which one you may like. 8-)