New bookmarks editor doesn't stay open

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jonnycat5000

New bookmarks editor doesn't stay open

Post by jonnycat5000 »

For awhile now (several months at least) I have noticed that when I "CTRL-D" to set a new bookmark, the "Edit this bookmark" dialog disappears itself after a few seconds. Recently I am noticing that it just flashes on the screen before disappearing, and I have to "CTRL-D" several times before it comes back up.

Is there any way to force the dialog to stay up until I approve it? BTW I do have the "Show Editor When Saving" radio button activated, and "browser.bookmarks.edit.Dialog.showForNewBookmarks" is set to "True".
kerft

Re: New bookmarks editor doesn't stay open

Post by kerft »

With "show editor" checked, for me, ctrl-D opens the editor panel and it stays open. First thing would be to try firefox safe mode. If it works normally in firefox safe mode, my guess is you have a userChrome.css file and something weird in it is changing the new bookmark / edit bookmark panel.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

The "Edit This Bookmark" dialog that opens if you click the highlighted star has a checkbox with "Show editor when saving".
This item is at the bottom just above "Remove Bookmark" and "Done".

about:config pref: browser.bookmarks.editDialog.showForNewBookmarks
jonnycat5000

Post by jonnycat5000 »

kerft wrote:With "show editor" checked, for me, ctrl-D opens the editor panel and it stays open. First thing would be to try firefox safe mode. If it works normally in firefox safe mode, my guess is you have a userChrome.css file and something weird in it is changing the new bookmark / edit bookmark panel.
I have observed this across multiple computers with different OS's (mac and linux) with and without a custom userChrome.css file. Safe mode is working for now, I'll figure out which one of my extensions is having the issue. Thanks.
dickvl wrote:The "Edit This Bookmark" dialog that opens if you click the highlighted star has a checkbox with "Show editor when saving".
This item is at the bottom just above "Remove Bookmark" and "Done".
Already addressed in OP.
about:config pref: browser.bookmarks.editDialog.showForNewBookmarks
Also addressed in OP.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You would have to move the mouse in the dialog if you mean that the dialog closes automatically after about three seconds.