Firefox 66.0.4 released - fixes the non-working add-ons

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
therube

Re: Firefox 66.0.4 released - fixes the non-working add-ons

Post by therube »

I notice I now do have "hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate" v 1.0.2
That should fix things.
Have you restarted your browser? If not, do so & check (to see if your extensions are back).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
rannar445

Post by rannar445 »

therube wrote:
I notice I now do have "hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate" v 1.0.2
That should fix things.
Have you restarted your browser? If not, do so & check (to see if your extensions are back).
Nope!

To clarify, YES I have restarted a few times now... and did just now... the addon situation has not been remedied.
therube

Post by therube »

Then try additionally adding the FF 56 signing 'hack' into the mix.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
rannar445

Post by rannar445 »

therube wrote:Then try additionally adding the FF 56 signing 'hack' into the mix.
I go to the link, click download, and it does nothing. I registered an account and tried again. Nothing. I went to Google Chrome and tried again. Nothing. :?:
therube

Post by therube »

The same code is in the post.
Copy/paste into appropriately named (text) filename & copy into appropriate directories.
rannar445

Post by rannar445 »

therube wrote:The same code is in the post.
Copy/paste into appropriately named (text) filename & copy into appropriate directories.
Ahhh

Forgive me, never done that before. So I moved it to the main install directory, I am assuming that isn't the appdata folder?

After doing so and restarting firefox I have not seen any difference?
nowheregirl

Post by nowheregirl »

rannar445 wrote:
Ahhh

Forgive me, never done that before. So I moved it to the main install directory, I am assuming that isn't the appdata folder?

I put them into the folder where firefox.exe was stored and it worked. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14831570
paul11974

Post by paul11974 »

The update has not fixed Firefox for me and after trying all weekend i have given up and gone to chrome
kerft

Post by kerft »

If the final release of 66.0.4 did not fix the problem for you, what antivirus software do you use, and did you have a master password enabled? Did you try going to addons.mozilla.org and install your same extensions again?
rannar445

Post by rannar445 »

nowheregirl wrote:
rannar445 wrote:
Ahhh

I put them into the folder where firefox.exe was stored and it worked. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14831570
Ah.

After trying to reinstall each addon individually it seems to mostly of worked... Some of the addons are allegedly corrupt... I have gone to their respective pages online and got a good number more of of them back but for some I get the message "Download failed. Please check your connection." My connection appears to be just fine, refreshed the page, and attempted again with the same message. I moved onto other addons and it worked just fine, went back to those particular addons to get the same message "Download failed. Please check your connection."

But this is encouraging progress. Thank you.
nowheregirl

Post by nowheregirl »

rannar445 wrote:Ah.

After trying to reinstall each addon individually it seems to mostly of worked... Some of the addons are allegedly corrupt... I have gone to their respective pages online and got a good number more of of them back but for some I get the message "Download failed. Please check your connection." My connection appears to be just fine, refreshed the page, and attempted again with the same message. I moved onto other addons and it worked just fine, went back to those particular addons to get the same message "Download failed. Please check your connection."

It's happened to me quite a few times. When I got the download failed message, I just right-clicked on the link and selected "save link as" so it automatically saved it as an xpi.file. It usually works just fine.
rannar445

Post by rannar445 »

nowheregirl wrote:
rannar445 wrote:Ah.

It's happened to me quite a few times. When I got the download failed message, I just right-clicked on the link and selected "save link as" so it automatically saved it as an xpi.file. It usually works just fine.
Here is an example, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... from-tabs/

So... I click download and it shows me "Download failed. Please check your connection." If I right click and directly download it, then try to manually install it, it tells me it is corrupt.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

This is what I did, I backed up my profile and uninstalled Firefox completely from my computer and then did a clean install.
Made sure that the studies option was disabled. (don't want anymore surprises!) [-X
And then I selected let me choose when to install updates.
The only add on is a theme which I created a couple of years ago.
I re-installed it and got no error message like I did before. :wink:
Last edited by LuvKomputrs on May 6th, 2019, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Really!

All it took here Saturday morning, after a little investigation, was six or seven clicks and wait a couple of minutes.

Wiki: "Arthur C. Clarke said Douglas Adams' use of "don't panic" was perhaps the best advice that could be given to humanity."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_f ... on't_Panic :)
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

The method that I chose was a lot faster for me and this way I got a fresh clean copy of Firefox. :D
That's always been my preference. *And, no I wasn't in a panic.* :wink:
The positive thing is that they fixed it. :)
Hope it doesn't happen again! :roll: