Napster & Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
alpine5536

Napster & Firefox

Post by alpine5536 »

Kinda weird problem here. When I load an album and then select a track to play, it puts all that album into the playlist on the right side of the screen, but then the tracks totally disappear from the user interface when I select one to play. I can still access them from the playlist but the album itself is gone. I restarted in safe mode and it works fine as it should. I then went in and disabled every one of my extensions in an effort to locate the one that was giving me the problem. After restarting and signing in, it still does the same thing, even though all my add-ons have been disabled. Any ideas what else is going on ? Maybe some setting in options that I'm overlooking ?? I might note that in other browsers it's working fine, just not FF.
makaiguy

Re: Napster & Firefox

Post by makaiguy »

Safe mode does more than just disable extensions. One of the other things it does must be coming into play:
  • Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
    • All extensions are disabled.
      The default theme is used, without a persona.
      The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled.
      The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
      The default toolbar layout is used.
      Hardware acceleration is disabled.
    Safe Mode has no effect on the following:
    • The status of plugins is not affected.
      Custom preferences are not affected.
Source: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
alpine5536

Re: Napster & Firefox

Post by alpine5536 »

Thanks for the info, I'll try to figure it out from here. I'm using a chrome file and a theme other than default. Will do some experimenting.