Some images not displaying

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
therube

Re: Some images not displaying

Post by therube »

I tried CTRL-R, restarting FF, closing and then opening this site again, but I can't get the changes to show up.
Try to reload and bypass the cache (Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R or click Shift+Reload) to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files or use "Forget About This Site".
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
m610

Post by m610 »

All of the info for each album is contained in a text file that is loaded after clicking an icon. For the stores album that file is http://www.kstreetstudio.com/VBA/photos ... m_info.txt

When I entered this link I got the old version of the file, the one with the typos and 10 photos. Then I refreshed it and the new version showed up. I then went back to the web page and everything is good, typos gone and 15 images in the album.

Reloading the page seems to reload the page okay, but it must be reloading the text file from the cache.

Mike
m610

Post by m610 »

Sorry. I missed the CTRL-SHIFT-R tip. That probably would have helped.

Now for some reason things are working correctly for the album. I edit the text file, upload it, and the changes appear immediately.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
  • hold down the Shift key and left-click the toolbar Reload button
  • press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
m610

Post by m610 »

It looks like it was AdBlock Plus that was causing the images to not appear.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

m610 wrote:It looks like it was AdBlock Plus that was causing the images to not appear.
Safe-mode or that new (UN-altered profile) would have caught that.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!