Firefox 67, multiple user profiles, FF 66 behaviour required

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Brummelchen

Re: Firefox 67, multiple user profiles, FF 66 behaviour requ

Post by Brummelchen »

My firefox opens my default profile on such action. But mozilla has left an option for windows system variables to get the old behavior. Why bother with another switch which do only same?
katoda

Post by katoda »

The RFE was filled by someone else following the advice from Dave Townsend, one of devs responsible for this part of Firefox, see the comment 25 in the bug I filed some time ago: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 553815#c25
People concerned will do what they want to do.
Last edited by katoda on December 6th, 2019, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Post by therube »

there is a RFE logged in Bugzilla to have the old behaviour of Firefox restored in a customisable way
Never going to happen, as logic is no longer a word understood at Mozilla.

Anyhow, I feel it is a worthy bug :-).

Actually, I'd to have the old behavior back where any external link would simply open the non-no-remote'd instance of the browser.

At least with that you understood what would happen, knew what would happen, & were quite comfortable with what did happen.

Currently [laugh, cry] all expected rules are broken, & something totally unexpected happens [laugh, cry, sad].
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript