8GB of Ram on win7 32 bits.. fixed -firefox potential

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
xdelicacyx

8GB of Ram on win7 32 bits.. fixed -firefox potential

Post by xdelicacyx »

Hi

I found the only patch written by an asian that after numerous command executions,
allows me to run more than 2 or 3gb on a win32 system of windows. I'm actually using 8gb
fully usable & present in task manager too.

I've came across an old infantile but recurring issue with firefox since its creation..
when 1gb & more hundreds of mb's are reached in my ram, firefox happily crashes..

So i'd like to know if there's a build that allows the exploitation of more than 1.*Gb
using the full possibilities of my actual ram, before crashing, if possible in x86,
& if not, if there's a x64 version of firefox or all of them that can handle endless
ram capacity ?.. .
Brummelchen

Re: 8GB of Ram on win7 32 bits.. fixed -firefox potential

Post by Brummelchen »

if you love a stable running windows you let lose of such stupid patches. install 64 bit instead to have really full gain of more ram.

i did with windows 8 and i had nuts - nothing, lost a windows 8 and needed built from scratch (had a backup)

and no IMO x32-programs cant use full memory, they are still limited to 3 or 4 gigs. you need to read the whole story and not only the beginning.
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

ur right, im so stupid, 64 bits is more stable, the only way to go, i wonder why mad ppl like him created patches, strange question & answer ?

maybe because some 32 bit apps dont run under 64 bit systems............ .

so maybe my options to use 64 bits of v44 of firefox in an app that allows me to use 64bit files under my 32bit system.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

it does not matter - a windows key is valid for x32 and for x64 of same windows version. the most of them dare the rebuilt from scratch, thats all. the matter is that all apps are still x86 and can not use more than 3 gig. i have read the notes about patch and real PAE - windows only moves apps memory in memory. when using PAE you need to add another switch to limit programs on 3 gig otherwise they crash because they are not programmed to use more than 3 gig, they can not address more memory.
therube

Post by therube »

about:crashes, post the last few related crash report URLs.

Why in the world are you using FF 44?
app that allows me to use 64bit files under my 32bit system
Uh, no.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

(Well, that was quick, so then I guess I ought to nix this post.
Anyhow, like really. Who was so upset about a little joke remark?
Or was it self-moderated?)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Self moderated, the resident Church Policeman/Censor's a killjoy...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
xdelicacyx

Post by xdelicacyx »

"Why in the world are you using FF 44?"

because mozilla ignored decades of addons contributions from coders that either refuse to update for personal reasons, died, or disappeared & use other accounts abandoning old projects,
and also downgrades in browser based features. & i don't have 10 or 20 years to wait till all addons are addapted & rewritten for your so called "updated firefox".

I tried it & loose many features & addons, it's old news for me.

"Uh, no."

Uh, yes. with wmware & maybe other options. but i know ur best option, "toss all ur system updates & install a new os of x64 then spend days rebuilding everything"
& it's not possible.

"Well, that was quick"
->
"no IMO x32-programs cant use full memory" > is enough to take a resolution & think, yes.
& the following jokes domain will not be shared, as i don't have much time for that.
kerft

Post by kerft »

A version of Windows 10 64-bit has "Windows 7 Mode" which is a 32-bit easy to use virtual machine. A version of Windows 7 64-bit has "XP Mode" which is also a 32-bit easy to use virtual machine. Either of those could be a way to get 64-bit Firefox and also run 32-bit software or drivers.
therube

Post by therube »

Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

omg x64 on x86 is only possible with a VM - i can run linux porograms within windows - when use a VM - pointless to discuss. but that you never wrote before. but you can use x86 programs on x64 windows. the problem is that also a VM on x86 host is limited to hosts capabilities, so this means max 4gig (in general 3gig). but this is not target of this subforum to exchange experience about (i consider this as a one way for me, nothing new but for you)

your point of view about firefox and addons is similar restricted, there is nothing we can do for you. good luck