Change to Tab button selecttttable items

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
PeteSapai

Change to Tab button selecttttable items

Post by PeteSapai »

As of Firefox 67, they changed the items selected when using the tab button.

I use the Search Bar and before I could easily select it by pressing Ald+D (to select the URL bar) and then quickly jump to the Search Bar with Tab. However, now the Tab will select all of the items inbetween, like the Zoom Level button, the Page Actions button (which I've now removed by editing UserChrome.css, so that's one down), the CSS button, etc. Is there a way to revert to the old behaviour and removing all these buttons from the Tab button "jump list" (or whatever you'd call it)?

Also, when I tried to register, I answered '7' to the question "How many letters in Mozilla?:", and I got an error saying "You have provided an invalid answer to the question." Apparently there are 6 letters in 'Mozilla'..?
therube

Re: Change to Tab button selecttttable items

Post by therube »

and before
Before, as in like FF 66?

(Ctrl+E will focus the Search box, fwiw.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

CTRL+K, too.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

There's a preference for that:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste toolb and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the browser.toolbars.keyboard_navigation preference to switch the value from true to false

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... y/eopkdcl/
PeteSapai

Post by PeteSapai »

Changing browser.toolbars.keyboard_navigation works.

I didnt even know about Ctrl+K or +E, that's even better!

Thanks, everyone!
therube

Post by therube »

(Odd. Ctrl+K didn't work on my end when I tested, & that's why I posted [only] Ctrl+E.
Also note that F6 takes you to the URLbar (Alt+D, Ctrl+L), in many instances.
[It actually takes you to the next "frame", but if a page has no frames, it goes to URLbar.])
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript