"Never allow" notifications

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Odin2

"Never allow" notifications

Post by Odin2 »

Is there any way to disallow notifications by default--or, if not, to shorten the disallow process? I get an overwhelming number of requests for me to allow/disallow notifications from the respective websites. It seems always to take 2 clicks for me to "never allow." I seem to recall also that "never allow" is not always an option.
kreemoweet

Re: "Never allow" notifications

Post by kreemoweet »

Unless things have changed between FF 60 LTS and FF 67: Options > Privacy and Security > Notifications >
Settings button > (checkbox at bottom) Block new requests asking to allow notifications. Make sure to then
click on "Save Changes" button.
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Thanks, kreemoweet.

Since my post I've discovered the AlwaysKillStickSticky extension, which seems preferable (less likely to "break some website features," as warned in connection with the option you reference; and which also allows a one-time display of the notification before blocking it, to prevent unwanted blocking).
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

I've now noticed that at least one site from which I've in fact, using the above-referenced Options dialog, previously blocked permissions (but forgot I'd done so!) has continued to post these requests for permission to notify. So the Options dialog does not seem to do what I'd like--and it seems the referenced extension probably will.