firefox 68.0 icon goes away

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
marklang

firefox 68.0 icon goes away

Post by marklang »

I just upgraded to Firefox 68.0 yesterday, and I have started to see a weird problem. When I start Firefox, everything is OK. However, some time later I notice that the icon in the taskbar has been replaced with a generic blank page looking icon. When I start Firefox again, it seems to come back. I have not noticed any functionality issues at this point. Does anyone have any idea? By the way, the icon on the Desktop is still the regular Firefox one. Thanks.
Mark Lang
therube

Re: firefox 68.0 icon goes away

Post by therube »

Is it only the FF icon that gets corrupted?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
marklang

Post by marklang »

I have only seen it happen to the Firefox icon. At the time, I also had Thunderbird, Microsoft Word 365, and Adobe Acrobat running, and those icons were unaffected. It may depend on something else. I noticed it twice in the last two days. I even reinstalled Firefox just to be sure. It came back, but then went away again. However, today I have not noticed it.
Mark Lang
marklang

Post by marklang »

An update: I have not seen this issue now for about a week. Perhaps it was something with the Kaspersky Protection or something like that which updated since.
Mark Lang
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Same old story - another antivirus as windows defender. One buck from each of those and i wont need to work again.