Continuous crashes

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Brummelchen

Re: Continuous crashes

Post by Brummelchen »

i dont use/i cannot use hibernate, maybe sleep, but i am driving multi-boot here so i need to shut down and restart from zero to have other windows running properly. using hibernate makes either this or that windows crash or reboot again - what a "gain".

using hibernate and firefox <61 makes firefox unstable and thats reason mozilla respect this circumstance, before they advised user to shut down firefox before hibernating. thats known. people who dont know about ever had fud with firefox. but the last 2 crash reps (machine is same) told me (!), that hibernate is not the problem. first was flash to crash and then some io delay, maybe mbam (which i cannot confirm here although it made firefox 52 slower on shut down, not the current v68.
petergo

Post by petergo »

update

put computer to "sleep" when I left, and when I returned an hour later, and woke it up, SADLY, FF was not responding.

I guess it's not the hibernate and it's not the MBAE

Not that I am very knowledgeable in computer stuff, but the fact it does this "not responding" thingy every day around the same time, I think maybe something happens some where, a process or service that causes FF to do that

well, it's not the worst thing in the world to happen, so if you kind people feel like giving up on this, I would understand
I still love FF

I just thought of something............
I do not have these open and or running, but I have Chrome and Brave installed on this computer, is that possible it creates an issue?

thnx, cheers
peter
petergo

Post by petergo »

I just had a flash, and think this is maybe something I installed about the time I started having isssues with FF

backup & Sync from Google

I have tried to see if there are options and or settings, to see if it is doing anything like "syncing" maybe about the time FF hangs, but I could not find anything.
Please keep in mind I am not computer savvy, but maybe some thing to do with services or processes

thanks, cheers
peter
petergo

Post by petergo »

update

just returned, woke computer up from hibernate, better than being hit in the belly with a wet fish, FF is working
Has worked great all day, and also now

I will keep posting for a few more days with update, and hopefully the problem may be resolved

I truly appreciate every one's patience and kindness
cheers
peter
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Peter,
What on Earth did you do?
What did you find lurking in the back ground?
Please list all the programs that you removed..........?

J/K.

Hope it all sticks & continues merrily humming along.

Until, next time.
:)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
petergo

Post by petergo »

g'day folks

well i figured no pooint beating a dead horse, and I as i have a work arounbd, I let the subject rest in peace.
My work around before I leave at 4pm, is to start up Task Manager and leave it open, then hibernate.

Upon my return, FF is not responding so I end task, and start it fresh, and then use the recover previous session, and all's honkey dorey (french for all's well )

Today, I tried something different!
I always have two browser windows open with about 4 - 6 tabs in each
Before I left, I closed one browser window just leaving one open with about 5 tabs

Low and behold when I returned, and woke the computer up, FF is working great.

Could this be a coincidence, or an indication of a problem that has been causing the 'not responding' problem

thanks, best regards
peter
therube

Post by therube »

(Your dead horse method... knowing that it is going to occur, why didn't you simply close the browser to begin with prior to sleep?)

1 window, 2 window, I'd chalk that up to coincidence.
Let us know tomorrow, when your 1 window also hung.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I always have two browser windows open with about 4 - 6 tabs in each
Before I left, I closed one browser window just leaving one open with about 5 tabs

Low and behold when I returned, and woke the computer up, FF is working great.
I'm not seeing that. I put Win 10 in Sleep mode (not "hibernate") multiple times every day and always with two Firefox windows with at least three tabs in each. I haven't seen a crash in some time.