68.0.1 bookmarks hidden and read-only (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
GudgeonPin

68.0.1 bookmarks hidden and read-only (Linux)

Post by GudgeonPin »

Just did an update from Mint 19.1 to Mint 19.2, then updated it all and it raised FFx from 66.something to 68.0.1

I started FFx and all my Bookmarks are missing from view. If I type in the bookmark Search window of the side-bar they will display according to what I am typing and I can use them. But I cannot drag down the green padlock from the address bar to save a URL, it just flies back up again. If I open the Library and then "Show all bookmarks," there are there.

Is this a new feature?

How can I go back to displaying them all in Folder fashion?

How can I save to the bookmark side bar by dragging down?

Thanks
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 9th, 2019, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
Cary G.
therube

Re: 68.0.1 bookmarks hidden and read-only (Linux)

Post by therube »

Restart in Safe Mode & see if the issue persists.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

@Gudgeon - Try "Alt" for the Menu bar if it does not show and hit /View/Sidebar and uncheck Bookmarks.
Also hit any of the tool or menu bars and open Customize see if menu bar or bookmarks is checked.
Lastly, if you have altered your userChrome file you might want to see if if saving it elsewhere temporarily while trying things without it helps or changes things.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Make sure that "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is positioned on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
You can check that in the customize window.