outlook.com showing broken images in firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ydaltak

outlook.com showing broken images in firefox

Post by ydaltak »

sometimes when i get an email in outlook.com with images in it, the images don't display; i just get a "broken" symbol. anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix it? i'm using firefox 69.0 64-bit.
DanRaisch

Re: outlook.com showing broken images in firefox

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Maybe there are images embedded that come over an open HTTP connection.
See also "Tools -> Page Info -> Media"
ydaltak

Post by ydaltak »

"Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode?"
if i start Firefox as a new private window, there are no broken images. is this like using safe mode? after i view the email in the private window and i then open the email in regular mode, i can now see the images. strange!?!?! ](*,)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, Safe Mode is not equivalent to viewing in a private window.
ydaltak

Post by ydaltak »

if i have broken images in my email in Firefox, but then go to a new private window (which doesn't have broken images), if i go back to the regular FF and look at the email, the images are fine.... so, is the problem with outlook.com or FF? ](*,)
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

ydaltak wrote:if i have broken images in my email in Firefox, but then go to a new private window (which doesn't have broken images), if i go back to the regular FF and look at the email, the images are fine.... so, is the problem with outlook.com or FF? ](*,)
Something is not adding up. Firefox 'Private' as far I understand does not store any data. It would appear at first thought that the images in the 'Private cache in memory' is somehow being used in the regular Firefox.

1. Do you open Private in a separate window and leave the 'Normal' one running along side?
2. Do you use an adblocker that could be blocking the images in 'Normal' mode but is NOT active when you open 'Private browsing'. Addons unless given permission in the addons settings won't normally run in 'Private'

Are you saying that if you use 'Private only', close it then open the 'Normal' browser that the images show ? Like I said, I don't have an answer but something seems strange of broken in Private browsing.
ydaltak

Post by ydaltak »

"Are you saying that if you use 'Private only', close it then open the 'Normal' browser that the images show ?" yes

i run Private in a new window while normal in running in original window. then go back to normal FF and the images show.
let me look into my adblocker. this just seems to be happening more than it used to.