Themes - Modify Tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
greybeard2012

Re: Themes - Modify Tabs

Post by greybeard2012 »

The default theme does not have the first tab position 'problem', that is the problem. It is not a deal breaker having the first tab indented with the Compact Dark and Light themes, that would be silly, but I'd still like to be able alter it to be the same as the default.

As said, all the other userChrome.css 'recipes' I've used do work. They'll shift the tab bar and alter lots other things too. Likewise Classic Theme Restorer - you can change tab colour and dimensions both of which I've done and all sorts of other stuff as it is intended to do. That's why I'm convinced the issue is either particular to those two Compact themes or the actual syntax of the CSS 'recipes' I've been trying to use to shift the first tab position left are incorrect.
kerft

Post by kerft »

If you post your issue with compact dark along with your whole userChrome.css at https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/ someone may have an idea.
This has some comment about how to use browser toolbox to find the names of things https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/com ... chromecss/
Sometimes the order of commands in the userChrome is significant. If your snippet for the indent is at the top, put it at the bottom, or vice versa.
greybeard2012

Post by greybeard2012 »

Thanks for info and help; appreciated.
greybeard2012

Post by greybeard2012 »

I've been posting about this on that Waterfox forum too but no joy with finding the CSS syntax that actually does what I wanted there either.

It is not a deal breaker as I've said elsewhere I can live with it as it is. But it still irks me that I can not customise it in the way I'd like. Seems like such a simple thing: shift the Compact Dark theme first tab full left like the Default skin, but, obviously, it is not.