MozillaZine

Firefox extension management json/group policy

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Sch1sm

Post Posted October 8th, 2019, 10:06 am

Can anyone help with clear instructions and/or examples regarding managing firefox extensions in an enterprise domain environment via group policy and if necessary, json?

I'm trying to force install a few extensions in our deployment.

I've taken the example given in the json section at https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templ ... /README.md and I've used about:support to get the extension IDs (some of which are simply email addresses) and then i've added a couple more entries to the json in firefox group policy for WOT, HTTPS everywhere and the already included ublock origin. I notice the URL listed for ublock references /latest.xpi while the install links for them reference a specific version. I can't find clear instructions or examples anywhere and I've adjusted my configuration for this repeatedly to no avail. i'm using the extensions area of the firefox GPO. I'm happy to provide more detail about my current config if someone wants to directly help, but if I can just be pointed to a walkthrough of the process, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks!
Last edited by Sch1sm on October 8th, 2019, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sch1sm

Post Posted October 8th, 2019, 11:22 am

3 days on and off trying to get this and I just figured out my mistake. I'd put the IDs into the extensions list instead of the URLs. *sigh* issue resolved

Return to Firefox Support