MozillaZine

How to add a vertcal scroll bar to the Bookmarks menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LesF

Post Posted December 6th, 2019, 11:23 pm

morat, I ran the test you suggested. Results are that after the tabs overflow, there are no scroll arrow buttons or tab scroll bar of any kind. I have no access to earlier tabs until I close the later ones. As a practical matter, it makes no difference to me since I never open that many tabs at once (ever). However, I'll try dickvl's code later to see what difference it makes.

morat

Post Posted December 7th, 2019, 6:45 am

The following style works for me with both the tab bar and menu popup.

Code: Select all
toolbarbutton.menupopup-scrollbutton.scrollbutton-up,
toolbarbutton.menupopup-scrollbutton.scrollbutton-down {
  display: none !important;
}
scrollbox[part="scrollbox"] {
  overflow-y: auto !important;
}

Firefox 71.0
Windows 7 SP1 32-bit

costark

Post Posted December 7th, 2019, 6:47 am

Morat's earlier Bookmarks Scroll Bar code was a great start but for me a Rt Clk to "Close tabs to the right" chopped off "the right"; I just knew & used its function by position.

This New dickvl 2-line code allows the Scroll bar, "Close tabs to the Right", & New Tab + -- although I'll never understand HOW!
Thanks again to Both of you.

OOPS, with Morat's code above, I TOO, can make all the Tabs I want & retain the Close X, although I never need it. Close tabs to the Right Still Shows all the words!!
Firefox 73.0.1 - Win 10-1909 Hm - Dark Theme Why? - Diapers, Politicians, and the Media ... ALL Need Changing for the Same Reason - uBO - Cookie AutoDelete - Privacy Possum- CSS Exfil - Decentraleyes - HTTPS Everywhere - Save Page w-Single (Html) File

Return to Firefox Support