citibankonline.com
citiretailservices.citibankonline.com
content22.citibankonline.com

cvalley.net
billnet.cvalley.net
SallyW

Re: Can't Get Past Login Page on Accounts

Post by SallyW »

I talked to the phone company tech support to ask about coding. The silence on the other end of the phone was deafening. He recommended I just use IE for these two accounts. I recommended fixing the problem. They turned my case to the next level support and they'll be getting back to me. (Not holding my breath)
This is the only computer this issue is happening on, if that's any more of a helpful clue to anyone.
kerft

Post by kerft »

If other computers (with updated Firefox) work ok for those accounts, a new profile for Firefox on the computer you are having trouble with could help.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... ld-profile
SallyMO

Post by SallyMO »

I have been trying to get in and apparently my account (SallyW) was deactivated. Got the message that only an admin could reactivate my account after I checked to be reactivated. Was there a reason for me to be deactivated? Or is it a part of this logging on to certain sites I'm having? Altho I did re-register and get a new account with no problems.
I still have not been able to resolve the issue of the password loop. Bringing this back to the top.
I also saw "Snoopcat" posted 11/7 having the same issues logging in to his bank account. Loops back to his login. (No responses to his post)
I have spent all afternoon online with the computer tech support who ran thru some reset steps and nothing fixed this glitch. He finally said that he found that others were having the same issues after Firefox update, but didn't find where there were any solutions to fix it. So he recommended I start back here.
I got into the profile manager page and followed the steps and realized I'm not familiar enough with profile stuff to be changing anything. If someone would be patient enough to walk me thru the process suggested in the above post from kerft I would REALLY appreciate it.

Phone company said this is a Firefox issue and there's nothing more they can do on their end.
SallyMO

Post by SallyMO »

One more thought. I can get in to all of my accounts with zero issues using Firefox on my laptop, which did the latest update. This is a brand new computer and I downloaded the latest version of FF. It's obviously an issue with a first time download of the newest FF. Is there any way to uninstall completely and download an older version?
Thanks!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I have been trying to get in and apparently my account (SallyW) was deactivated.
Are you referring to an account on these forums, or somewhere else?
kerft

Post by kerft »

You say the problem happens on your new computer. On others, with 70.0.1, everything is fine. You should not need an older Firefox version. If you don't need any data from Firefox on your new computer (bookmarks, passwords, cookies) , because it is a new computer without data, you can run Firefox refresh and that fixes most problems. If you do have data you need, do not do this! https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings
SallyMO

Post by SallyMO »

DanRaisch wrote:
I have been trying to get in and apparently my account (SallyW) was deactivated.
Are you referring to an account on these forums, or somewhere else?
It was this forum. The message I got at sign in "Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by administrator." I couldn't figure out how to contact an admin since I couldn't get in so I registered again.
Brummelchen wrote:show up properly but i cannot use them.
pretty sure you need these cookies allowed

citibankonline.com
citiretailservices.citibankonline.com
content22.citibankonline.com
cvalley.net
billnet.cvalley.net
I went into Options> Privacy & Security> Cookies & Site Date> Manage Permissions and put in all of those links. No change.
I've also discovered another weird glitch. I can get into my bank account. I can do everything on the site, except get to my statements. I've had the bank on the phone over the past couple of days and they can get into everything just fine on their end thru FF. She suggested I make sure cookies are approved, so I went in an added my bank links as above. Still can't get to that feature on the site.
kerft wrote:If other computers (with updated Firefox) work ok for those accounts, a new profile for Firefox on the computer you are having trouble with could help.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... ld-profile
I went to those links. The first one, first thing they say to do is the "Refresh Firefox Feature" so I did that. Didn't fix anything.
Going on under Manage Profiles I followed the instructions: "Type about:profiles into the address bar and press the Enter key. This will open the About Profiles page." I did the "Create a new Profile" thing. I pretty much stopped there because it said to set as default and I didn't know if this profile would keep the same glitches --- in other words I was in territory I'd never been in before and wouldn't know how to change anything back if it was the wrong thing to do. I'm real good at following instructions if someone would/could walk me thru the process.

So here I am again. With a new glitch added to my list.
In one "tech support" conversation I was told that this is an update problem with FF and there isn't (they couldn't find) any known solution to fixing it and I'd have to live with it, work around it (IE) until FF does a new update with a fix for it. Does that sound about right to you?
Thank you for all your help, or attempted help at this point. I surely hope I haven't violated any forum rules to be deactivated. If so, please let me know. I'm a good behavior kinda person. Honest.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

and they can get into everything just fine on their end thru FF.
they can, but you cant. if a new profile or refresh wont help, its on your side at least and not firefox.

after uninstalling avast - did you uninstall and re-install firefox? profile(s) are not touched through this.
SallyMO

Post by SallyMO »

Brummelchen wrote:
and they can get into everything just fine on their end thru FF.
they can, but you cant. if a new profile or refresh wont help, its on your side at least and not firefox.

after uninstalling avast - did you uninstall and re-install firefox? profile(s) are not touched through this.
1) I didn't proceed in doing a new profile because when I got in there I really didn't know what to do. If I let it do a new profile and set it as the default profile is it saving everything as is to the new profile? With the same issues? I don't get what the profile is/does.
2) I already know it's on my side and it's only on my one (office) computer (new, just bought it 10/15) where all my accounts and business accounts are. Updated FF on my laptop works perfect. Updated FF on my husbands computer works perfect. It's obvious the issue is ONLY on the latest version of FF being downloaded to the new computer.
3) I'm pretty sure it was done in that order. Uninstall avast first then uninstall and reinstall FF.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The profile stores your personal data and settings selections, making it possible for different users to use Firefox on the same machine with different options. That is, you could have a profile with one set of extensions, the history of your own browsing and your stored passwords while, in a different profile on the same computer, the same Firefox program could be used by your husband and display a different history, different stored passwords and a different set of installed extensions.

Creating that new profile will, in effect, reset Firefox to its default status, with no stored passwords, no extensions installed, and no browsing history. All those things can be transferred in from the old profile (one component at a time) if the new one proves to work well and allows you to access the accounts you have been difficulty with.
SallyMO

Post by SallyMO »

Ahhh! I understand now. Thank you!
I feel a lot braver now. I'll give it a try. So it will establish a new clean profile for me. I set that new profile as default and test the sites I was having issues with, correct? If it still isn't working do I need to go back in and make the other profile the default or just leave the new one? Also, do I delete all but the one?
Thank you so much!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You don't need to change the default profile at this point. That would be appropriate later if the newly created profile works as desired while the old one does not. If you see the same problems in the new profile you can leave the original profile as the default and delete the new one as unhelpful.
SallyMO

Post by SallyMO »

Okay, I went thru a new profile. No change.
The question about Avast got me thinking. I'm wondering if when it was installed on this computer, if it wasn't what did the blocking, or corrupted something, or changed a file or whatever. I went to This PC and typed Avast in the search and there are still 35 items that come up. Maybe it didn't clean it all off when I uninstalled it? And I did go thru the Program Uninstall to remove it.

16 are C:\Windows\WinSxS/Manifests
2 are: amd64_avast.vc140.mfc_fcc99ee6193ebbca_14.0.27821.0_none_6067bd3b12cf0652
2 are: x86_avast.vc140.mfc_fcc99ee6193ebbca_14.0.27821.0_none_a814f412274b2f58
The file for those says mfc140u.dll
1 - C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software/Persistant Data
1- C:\ProgramData\Avast Software
1 - C\ProgramData
1 - license.avastlic -- C:ProgramData\Avast Software\Subscriptions

There's more, but could it be that something there is causing a residual issue?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Quite possibly. Removing a security program like Avast is not as simple as using Windows uninstall. You should look on the Avast website for an uninstall/remove utility and use that to clean up the residue. If it won't do so immediately, you should install Avast, reboot the computer, then run the removal utility to get rid of Avast.