MozillaZine

FF POPUP re MS LOGIN w-Security Code

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
costark

Post Posted November 28th, 2019, 7:26 am

I started here for the expertise and because the Poup stated - Request is from Firefox/Mozilla -- which seems phony.
I Now think this is a MS Forum issue and won't take up time here.
FYI, though, IF it happens to you............

I recently re-set my MS Acct Recovery Code (If PWd lost/broken) and pretended I was logging into Hotmail (same data) with it -- . (Clk'd "Login With Security Code")

Each attempt I get a Windows Security Popup saying the Request is from Firefox/Mozilla -- (Making sure it's you) and to -- Sign in to microsoft.login.com -- AND -- Insert your security key into the usb port --. The URL nets a Search page result list.
I'm not aware of a USB Security Key but Now think the Recovery Code isn't the same as Security Code.
THAT affects my question below.

Anyone know the HOW of -- insert security key into usb port -- ?
Hard to believe FF has anything to do with this MS Login.

https://i.imgur.com/auF3EAY.jpg
Firefox 73 - Win 10-1909 Hm - Dark Theme Why? - Diapers, Politicians, and the Media ... ALL Need Changing for the Same Reason - uBO - Cookie AutoDelete - Privacy Possum- CSS Exfil - Decentraleyes - HTTPS Everywhere - Save Page w-Single (Html) File

TheVisitor

Post Posted November 28th, 2019, 8:44 am

That looks to me more like Malware.... What security software are you using ? run a full system scan

Also: go here / download and run - https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Brummelchen

Post Posted November 28th, 2019, 3:54 pm

costark

Post Posted November 29th, 2019, 5:04 am

Thanks for the Replies.
Daisy-chained from your supplied links and now know what (physical) Security Keys are, read similar Popup issue Fixes - and confirmed earlier thought that Security Code/Security Key have nothing to do with MS Acct Recovery Codes. I understand both processes now.

I'm good with where I am.......
Thanks again.
Firefox 73 - Win 10-1909 Hm - Dark Theme Why? - Diapers, Politicians, and the Media ... ALL Need Changing for the Same Reason - uBO - Cookie AutoDelete - Privacy Possum- CSS Exfil - Decentraleyes - HTTPS Everywhere - Save Page w-Single (Html) File

Return to Firefox Support