Firefox and Foxnews

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
DWFII

Firefox and Foxnews

Post by DWFII »

I have been using Firefox as my preferred browser for a number of years. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 pro.

I like to check news in the mornings and there are often video clips and news feeds on Foxnews. I had, prior to the upgrade, finally gotten those videos to play using Dish as the provider. Now they won't play. They freeze or timeout when the playback arrow is clicked on.

As an experiment, I tried the same thing with Microsoft Edge, using the same settings (Dish) and the videos played.

So I am thinking the problem is with Firefox, although I have a request for support from Foxnews.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
DWFII
In the High Desert of Central Oregon
fringed53

Re: Firefox and Foxnews

Post by fringed53 »

I don't think your problem is Fox related because I always have stuttering and freezing problems on Fox, ESPN, and MLB videos.
As you I tried Edge Canary and they play flawlessly. Sorry to say I never found a solution.
DWFII

Post by DWFII »

Thanks for the reply and observations. I didn't really thin that the problem was with Fox. But I hoped I'd either find an answer here or at the ver4y least an acknowledgement.

I like FireFox and I really don't want to switch to Edge or any other browser--I have too many preferences and bookmarks, etc., that I fear would not be easy to replicate.

thank you again for your time.
DWFII
fringed53

Post by fringed53 »

Ditto, so in the meantime I just use edge for videos lol, bit of a pain but no choice. After all the research I've done already I think everyone is just plain stumped with this problem.
Espn videos seem to be a problem with caching I think, but playing with it never solved anything.
DWFII

Post by DWFII »

fringed53 wrote:Ditto, so in the meantime I just use edge for videos lol, bit of a pain but no choice. After all the research I've done already I think everyone is just plain stumped with this problem.
Espn videos seem to be a problem with caching I think, but playing with it never solved anything.

So no one at Mozilla is recognizing or addressing this problem? Or knows what is going on? I am a bit surprised that the response to my question...in the 'support' thread... has been so limited.
DWFII
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Clear cache....... and cookies for those sites, allow third party cookies and start in Safe Mode. (Add NOTHING)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tr ... -safe-mode

@Mozilla avoid this site like the plague.
If you're not happy with the service here go to their OFFICIAL helpless forum.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Just played five different videos on Foxnews with no problems.

FF71.0 on Mac 10.13.6

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Richard1296

Post by Richard1296 »

I get the same thing if I open Fox News in a private window.
If I use a regular window Fox News works fine.

Richard
costark

Post by costark »

Edit: I'm now watching Fox video simply by Disabling the Ad/Trackers button in Mbam's Browser Guard extension for FF.
All other Privacy settings are ON.
7 min into a Rep. Devin Nunes clip it goes black with Error 2 -- and Does the same with the Test Profile..
This is going to be Trial & Error testing of Privacy apps/settings for those having video blocks on Fox, OR FF Safe Mode/2nd "clean" Profile as desired.

A long time frustration with Fox videos ....
I Disabled FF Enhanced Tracking and started Disabling Privacy Apps and testing -- with Success at Privacy Possum Off.
RobertJ doesn't show his apps and settings so it's hard to compare.
While playing videos I Re-enabled all apps and it worked, BUT Closing FF and starting again with Apps Enabled failed.

I have desktop shortcuts for a 2nd Profile (Test) (videos play) while FF default Open Or Closed, and am willing to use That Profile for Fox and similar sites.

FF default Open: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P TEST -no-remote

FF default Closed: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P TEST
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

DWFII wrote:Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Clearly not.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DWFII

Post by DWFII »

Seems this is at least somewhat related to the cache. As an experiment I disabled AB+ on FoxNews and the videos worked. Then I re-enabled it and the videos continued to play. Did all that several days ago and even though I shut down my computer every night, the videos are still working.
DWFII