MozillaZine

Solved - Can't Dnload to Desktop

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
costark

Post Posted January 9th, 2020, 6:11 am

W10-64 1909 Up-to-Date ..... Unlike years of prior use 3 recent App Updates targeted for DESKTOP have netted - "You do not have permission to install at this location. Contact Admin for permission. Do you want to dnload to MyNameAdmin?" (I did).
ALL name Chg or Deletes of Desktop shtcuts wants Admin OK usually solved with Clk Continue.
I have verified I'm in Admin Acct and other than - Me Admin Backup - can't even find a Local User acct in Settings.
Test Profile the Same.

I tried MyName Admin/ Downloads folder/ Rt Clk Properties/ Location Tab/ Move to Desktop - and No luck. I don't Ever recall anything going to Downloads Folder - Always Desktop.

Changed FF 72.0.1 from Desktop target to what Win 10 wants - user\MyName Admin - Close - Open - Chg Back to Desktop - Close - Open and tests of a small App dnload only show - MyName Admin - as the Target.

No project intended but a Dnload to Desktop solution would be nice. Win 10 Forums no help so far & I have wild hope some setting in FF may can override this.
Last edited by costark on January 9th, 2020, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox 72.0.2 - Win 10-1909 Hm - uBO w/Disconnect Filter - Cookie AutoDelete - CSS Exfil - Privacy Possum - Decentraleyes - HTTPS Everywhere - Yet Another Smooth Scrolling - # Letters in Mozilla is 6 (unique letters), NOT Actual 7 -

costark

Post Posted January 9th, 2020, 8:59 am

Per kerft's suggestion (deleted apparently) for Edge or Another Account try ..... My first ever W10 change to - Backup Admin Acct -- and it DID Dnload to the Desktop with FF.

Any other ideas for Main Acct Dnload to Desktop use will be appreciated.
Last edited by costark on January 9th, 2020, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox 72.0.2 - Win 10-1909 Hm - uBO w/Disconnect Filter - Cookie AutoDelete - CSS Exfil - Privacy Possum - Decentraleyes - HTTPS Everywhere - Yet Another Smooth Scrolling - # Letters in Mozilla is 6 (unique letters), NOT Actual 7 -

costark

Post Posted January 9th, 2020, 12:18 pm

In Desktop Properties Security tab I gave the -- Everyone -- entry Full Control/Modify and the Test App dnloaded to the desktop.
jscher2000 Solved the same Issue 2 years ago simply by suggesting to Paste a certain % % expression into the FF Options Save To box BUT THAT didn't work here.
FYI

Return to Firefox Support