MozillaZine

Bookmarks not loaded in copied profile

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
coffent

Post Posted January 11th, 2020, 6:52 pm

I copied my Firefox profile folder to a new computer and used Profile Manager make Firefox on the new computer use that profile. Nevertheless, when I open Firefox, none of the customization I've made including the bookmarks I have in places.sqlite is shown. Why not?

coffent

Post Posted January 13th, 2020, 5:44 am

I solved the problem by exporting bookmarks to an html file from the old computer & importing it into the new. Still, I thought the profile contained all this information & this step wouldn't have been necessary.

therube

Post Posted January 13th, 2020, 7:16 pm

I thought the profile contained all this information & this step wouldn't have been necessary.

It should.
Maybe you pointed to the wrong location (a location you thought was right, but was not)?

When you first opened FF on the new computer (after using Profile Manager to point...), did FF open as if it were an entirely new Profile, or was there at least some indication that you were starting with your Profile from the old computer?

(And seems you updated from 71 to 72, in the interim.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

coffent

Post Posted January 16th, 2020, 6:55 pm

Thanks for your reply (& sorry for my late response - I've been away for the past several days). As I (now rather hazily) recall, I think FF did open as if it were an entirely new profile. So possibly I did point to the wrong location. In any case, problem is now solved with the importation of my bookmarks.

Return to Firefox Support