Bookmarks Tookbar in Fx 72 (Solved)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
John Liebson

Bookmarks Tookbar in Fx 72 (Solved)

Post by John Liebson »

I've yet to find any relevant information on how to use the toolbar, which I thought I might use. However, being told to drag a favicon to the toolbar, when favicoss seem to have been removed, is an exercise in futility. Any method(s) exist for using the toolbar for something other than taking up a bit of the screen?
Last edited by John Liebson on February 4th, 2020, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
the-edmeister

Re: Bookmarks Tookbar in Fx 72

Post by the-edmeister »

Drag a Tab to the Bookmarks Toolbar.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

the-edmeister wrote:Drag a Tab to the Bookmarks Toolbar.

That sounds easy, but I've not figured out how to do it. I put the cursor in the tab and drag the contents down to the Bookmarks Toolbar, with an accompanying arrow, but no matter what I do, nothing is placed in the toolbar. I cannot drag the entire tab, only its contents. What am I doing improperly? (That question is limited solely to the nature of this discussion...).
morat

Post by morat »

I can create a bookmark by placing the mouse pointer on the favicon in a tab, hold the left click button, move the mouse pointer to the bookmark toolbar, then release the left click button.

I can create a bookmark by placing the mouse pointer on the lock in the location bar, hold the left click button, move the mouse pointer to the bookmark toolbar, then release the left click button.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

I'm wondering if 'Bookmark Toolbars Items' has been dragged to the Navbar ?
I have a 'dropdown fave BM' folder there and that's the only place I can drag to, can't drag to the Bookmark Toolbar.
@Customize > Look where 'Bookmark Toolbars Items' is, I guess it should be on the BTB to drag there.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Can you drag the tab to the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in the sidebar if you open the bookmarks sidebar (Ctrl+B) ?
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

mightyglydd wrote:I'm wondering if 'Bookmark Toolbars Items' has been dragged to the Navbar ?
I have a 'dropdown fave BM' folder there and that's the only place I can drag to, can't drag to the Bookmark Toolbar.
@Customize > Look where 'Bookmark Toolbars Items' is, I guess it should be on the BTB to drag there.
Nothing like ruining my day at 0613 Local, for I have, through Customize, moved the Bookmarks Toolbar from the Navbar to its proper location, and just added another entry to test, which worked.

Thanks for the clue, which most assuredly would not have occurred to me. I don't know if I would have even noticed this were I to open Customize for some other reason.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

dickvl wrote:Can you drag the tab to the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in the sidebar if you open the bookmarks sidebar (Ctrl+B) ?
Yes, but mightyglydd had the answer for me, as you can see in my reply to him,