Firefox error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
eraldorh

Firefox error

Post by eraldorh »

All of sudden I cant open firefox, im getting the message "firefox is already running but is not responding, the old process must be closed to open a new window"

The problem is that process will not end, theres 3 tasks of firefox open for some reason and 2 will end but one remains and will not close. I followed a tutorial online to restart and delete the parent.lock in the firefox profile folder and then restart and this works but upon the second reboot the problem returns once again. Why is it doing this and how do I fix this permanently?
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox error

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
therube

Post by therube »

KB: Profile in use

(Better question is what is causing the FF process to hang?
And yes, opening it Safe Mode may help point out if it is extension related.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Are you using "File -> Exit" or ""3-bar" menu button -> Exit (Power button)" to close Firefox properly ?

Using the close X or forcing Windows to close Firefox can cause issues.
therube

Post by therube »

Using the close X
Huh?
You mean the close X (box) at the top right (next to minimize & restore) of (just about) every window?
Nothing at all wrong with that. You just need to do that separately for each window.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript